Updated: Jan 2019
ConFusion is dedicated to providing a safe space for our community to come together for a weekend. We want to make it clear that harassment of any kind is not acceptable, and if issues arise, we want to know about them. We take all complaints seriously and will work to resolve them in an appropriate manner. If an incident occurs that you are involved in or witness to, please report it to Ops located in the Classic Boardroom, so that we can investigate it and take appropriate action. This policy is in place for the protection of and applies to all persons regardless of level of attendance (guest, panelist, dealer, general).
What is Harassment:
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- offensive verbal comments [related to gender, gender identity, and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion]
- sexual images in public spaces
- deliberate intimidation
- stalking, following
- harassing photography or recording
- sustained disruption of talks or other events
- inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Any person/s asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
How To Report Harassment:
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Directly: at OPS or to any Con-Com Member. Con-Com Members have Blue Badges. At any time, any Con-Com member can be asked and will lead the harassed directly to Ops.
What Will Happen Once a Report is Made:
- On-site Ops will work with the victim to find an appropriate solution.
- Any accused will be separated from the general attendance until resolution.
- The ConFusion Convention Committee reserves the right to expel any attendee for current and future events, without refund should they be unable to comply with this and any of the ConFusion Policies. Should you wish to contest your expulsion, you can do so by sending your complaint, in writing, to the Ann Arbor Science Fiction Association P.O. Box 71705, Madison Heights, MI 48071.
- For a current list of expelled individuals please email: AASFA-Board@yahoogroups.com